LAWN SLICE SEEDER, STANDARD WALK BEHIND
4 Hour: $65.00
Lawns suffering from thin, bare patches or those without any grass at all typically require aggressive renovation techniques. Rather than renovating the whole lawn, you may be able to revive it by overseeding.
When using an over-seeder, the hopper drops a measured amount of seed into the soil which has been prepared by the action of rotating knife blades. As the seeder moves forward, the neoprene flap smooths the soil to cover the seed and aids germination. Water thoroughly as soon as overseeding is complete and lightly each day for two weeks. Once the grass has sprouted, water regularly to encourage deeper growth.
For best result, we recommend overseeding in two applications, with the second application made at a 45-degree angle to the first. You'll notice a distinct crosshatch pattern in the effected soil as the overseeder cuts precisely aligned rows allowing the seed to penetrate into the topsoil.
++ TIPS ++
1. Before seeding, make sure your soil temperature is 55°F or higher. Seed will not germinate if the ground is not this warm and will likely be eaten by birds or spoiled due to damp soil
2. If you are seeding in the Spring, you cannot use a standard crabgrass and weed preventer such as "Step 1" product which would also prevent the grass from germinating. You must use "Step 1 for Seedng"
3. To avoid damaging your lawn's existing root structure and killing your lawn, you do not want the seeder to go any deeper than 1/4" deep and 1/8" is an ideal depth.
4. Make sure you water every day for two weeks
++ Specifications ++
Reel: 20” Slicing
Productivity: 13,200 sq. ft/hr
Weight: 179 LBS
Also check the following item(s) related to the above:
* Please call us with any questions you may have about our lawn slice seeder standard walk behind in Framingham & Hudson Massachusetts, serving MetroWest and Middlesex County since 1874.