AERATOR, STANDARD WALK BEHIND
4 Hour: $60.00
Aeration of your lawn or yard is one of the most important and beneficial things you can do. Aeration is the process of mechanically removing cores of turf to improve the flow of air, water and nutrients in dense, compacted soil.
Soil compaction, caused by lawn traffic such as walking and moving, is one of the greatest causes of turf deterioration. When soil is compacted, dirt particles are forced together, reducing the area where roots can grow. Aeration relieves soil compaction by improving the exchange of water and critical nutrients to grass roots.
When should I aerate?
For optimal effectiveness aeration should be performed at least once annually and many people choose to aerate twice a year. Spring (between late April and June and fall (between September and November) are the ideal times to aerate cool season grasses, such as perennial Rye Grass and Kentucky Bluegrass.
Our aerator eliminates the conventional and cumbersome center wheel and center drum designs found on other units. The outboard drive wheels also eliminate center wheel slip and abuse from ramp loading with the tines engaged.
The aerator also eliminates bulky steel weights, in favor of a simple to use water weight positioned directly over the tines for better aeration depth (full tank = 50 lbs.).
Achieving the best results from aeration
* Water area to be aerated the night before. This will help to soften the soil allowing for maximum core penetration.
* Before beginning, map out any obstructions such as sprinkler heads or drains.
* Cover every inch of the lawn and go over high traffic areas more than once.
* After aerating, water the lawn and apply fertilizer. This will promote growth and allow grass to compete with weeds as they grow.
Billy Goat Lawn Aerator Specifications
Power: 4HP Honda Engine
Aerating Width 18"
Aerating Depth Up to 2.75"
Productivity 29,000 SQ FT / HR
Coring Tines 24 (.75") Closed Spoon Style
Fillable Water Weight 50 lbs
Length 57" (37" Closed)
Height 53" (38" Closed)
Weight 242 lbs
Also check the following item(s) related to the above:
* Please call us with any questions you may have about our aerator standard walk behind in Framingham & Hudson Massachusetts, serving MetroWest and Middlesex County since 1874.